This Shotgun course is designed to teach students the tactics and knowledge needed for commonly used shotguns which are being used by many for home defense purposes. This course is for anyone who owns a shotgun and has used it or has considered using it for home defense. Our goal for this training is to show the strengths of this weapon as a home defense gun, yet put to rest any myths that say “I can’t miss or lose if I use a shotgun for defense.”
This course will include instruction on shotgun selection as well as accessories. Students will receive instruction on the fundamentals of shooting a shotgun, as well as the safe handling and manipulation of the firearm. Students will be instructed on the tactical application of the firearm such as the tactical fighting stance and physical tactics utilizing the shotgun as a hand held weapon. Students will discuss ballistics as it pertains to modern home construction and learn information about shot spread from a shotgun. Each student will fire his or her shotgun at various distances with their selected home defense ammo to see the shot pattern from their weapon.
- Pump or semi auto shotgun commonly used for home defense (12g, 20g, 410)
- 12G, pump, or semi auto shotgun available for rent. Please contact us for details.
- At least 125 shells for your shotgun (mix batch of birdshot 100 rounds, buckshot 20 rounds, and slug 5 rounds). If you cannot find buckshot or slugs, 125 birdshot will work.
- If you have already chosen a certain ammo type for home defense please bring 10 rounds with you to training
- Sling (recommended but not required)
- Eye and ear protection
- Proper range wear for outdoor weather (Rain or Shine)
- Sack lunch and plenty of water
- Bug spray
- Camping style chair
Tuition: $175. This includes your range fee. Successful completion of this class by demonstrating safe gun handling skills will earn you a $25 voucher for future classes with Defensive Shooting Concepts.
Thank you for your consideration and contact me if you have any further questions or would like to discuss options for training