Jonathan (Jon) Tindal is the Owner and Lead Instructor of Defensive Shooting Concepts. Jon has 25 years of Law Enforcement experience and is currently a member of one of Indiana’s larger law enforcement agencies. He served on his department’s Tactical Team for 13 years, many as a team leader and is a former law enforcement Instructor with over 20 years instruction experience. While in law enforcement he has held the position of Lieutenant, served as a Shift Commander, and held the position of Department Training Coordinator. Jon’s work over the years includes a multitude of certifications, instructor positions, and accolades, including being a two time recipient of the Medal of Merit. In addition to his law enforcement career, he also served in the Army National Guard as a Military Police Officer from 1995-2003.
During Jon’s career in LE he has trained hundreds of officers for thousands of hours. He builds on his knowledge by continuing his education in firearms. Jon is a certified armorer with respected brands such as, Smith & Wesson, Glock, Colt, Rock River and Remington. Jon constantly constructed new and effective ways to train Indiana’s law enforcement officers in the firearms field and was the lead firearms instructor for his department Tactical Team. He has also served as a guest instructor in firearms at the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy. Jon is certified in the instruction of handgun, shotgun and patrol rifle, as well as Taser, less lethal and chemical munitions, Simunition (simulated munitions) and Force on Force tactics and distraction devices. He is also trained in Street Survival and weapons retention. In 2012, Jon earned the IALEFI Certification of Master Firearms Instructor. He is an avid NRA member and a GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundations Member. Jon also has taught thousands of hours on response to an Active Shooter both armed and unarmed response.
Jon is repeatedly building training plans that continually stress firearms safety and basics, but that also put the student in dynamic situations, preparing them for the possibility of a firearms related encounter. Jon delivers training that is above standards and builds the students confidence in firearms proficiency as well as performance in stress induced situations.
- United States Army Basic Training and AIT School graduation
- Indiana Law Enforcement Academy
- Street Survival Course
- Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Certified Instructor Development Course
- ILEA Firearms Instructor Course Handgun and Shotgun
- Glock Armorer Course
- Patrol Rifle Instructor Course
- Colt Armorer Course
- Rock River Arms Armorer Course
- Remington M/870 Police Armorers Course
- Simunition FX Scenario Instructor and Safety Course
- Specialty Impact Munitions and Chemical Munitions Instructor Course
- Taser Instructor Course
- Law Enforcement Sniper Course
- International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors – Master Instructor
- Field Trauma Care Course
- Smith and Wesson Armorer Course
- Small Unit Tactics
- Force Science Institute Certified
- Active Shooter Instructor Certified (RAIDER Training)
- NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
- Tactical Pistol Instructor Certification with Langdon Tactical
- Advanced SWAT Tactics Certification with S.C.A.R.
- Advanced Handgun Instructor Certification from Work Horse
- Law Enforcement Active Shooter Emergency Response DHS Academy of Counter-Terrorist Education
- OC Aerosol, Less Lethal Impact Munitions, Chemical Munitions, Distraction Devices
- Low Light Pistol Instructor
- Covert Building Search
- Casualty Care and Rescue Tactics
- Ultimate Training Munitions Instructor