Let’s have some fun with a little friendly competition and test our personal defense skills at the same time. My plan for the Handgun Olympics class is to put each student through a series of skills test. These tests will come in the form of shooting drills, many of which were created by some of the best and well known shooters of the past and present. This class was designed for non-beginners, but will be done in a way that shooters at varying degrees of skill will be able to learn from the drills they attempt and have fun while doing it safely. If you are past the basics and understand the firearm safety rules and how to safely load, draw and shoot your handgun; this class is for you! Many of the drills will be individually run so you will be competing against a timer, which in many cases tells a story we don’t want to hear. I will also challenge you with a couple head to head drills for the added stress. So come out, bring a positive attitude and a camping chair and let the Handgun Olympics begin. Oh and yes, there will be awards for overall winners.
- A positive attitude and an open mind!
- At least one serviceable handgun.
- At least 3 magazines or speed loaders with a proper spare mag holder/pouch.
- Eye and Ear protection and proper range attire for any weather.
- 200 rounds of new, manufactured ammunition. (No reloads)
- A good quality strong side holster designed for the handgun being used, Leather or Kydex or Molded. (No cross draw or shoulder holsters allowed. Nylon holsters also won’t work.)
- Some form of cover Garment for Concealed Drills.
- Also recommended Elbow and Knee Pads (Drills will Be Conducted on Gravel)
- A sack lunch and plenty of fluids to drink
- Camping/portable chair
Tuition: $175. This includes your range fee. Successful completion of this class by demonstrating safe gun handling skills will earn you a $25 voucher for future classes with Defensive Shooting Concepts.
Thank you for your consideration and contact me if you have any further questions or would like to discuss options for training.