August 20 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$175.00
RED DOT SYSTEM HANDGUN COURSE
This course is designed by Instructor Song Kang, certified RDS Handgun Instructor, to provide students with tactics and knowledge needed to proficiently operate Red Dot optic equipped handguns. During the course of instruction students will learn proper zeroing, presentation of the RDS handgun, adapting to RDS failure/malfunction and maintenance of RDS.
This is not a beginner course for students wanting to learn handling of a brand-new firearm. However, it’s an open enrollment for brand new RDS handgun owners to experienced RDS handgun operators wanting to advance their skills.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR THE CLASS:
- A positive attitude and an open mind
- AT LEAST one RDS Handgun
- AT LEAST 3 magazines for each firearm with a proper spare mag holder/pouch
- A good, quality strong side holster designed for the handgun being used; Leather, Kydex, or Molded. (No cross draw or shoulder holsters allowed. Nylon holsters also will not work.)
- At least 200 rounds of new, manufactured ammunition (No Reloads)
- Eye and Ear protection and proper range attire for the current weather
- Also recommended elbow and knee pads since drills will be conducted on gravel
- Zeroing rifle bag or mat is helpful but not mandatory
- Marker or Sharpie
- A sack lunch and plenty of fluids to drink
- Camping/portable chair
- Bug spray
Tuition: $175. This includes your range fee. Successful completion of this class by demonstrating safe gun handling skills will earn you a $25 voucher for future classes with Defensive Shooting Concepts.